New scientific evidence shows that the increase in abortions world-wide has caused a sharp increase in breast cancer.
Over twenty studies have confirmed that women who abort their first pregnancy have a much higher risk of developing cancer.
Does Abortion Cause Breast Cancer?
- Abortion interrupts natural changes in the breast
- Studies show an increased risk of cancer
- What your abortionist won’t tell you…
- Breast cancer in America has increased by 50% since abortion was legalized in 1973, and is on the rise world wide.
- Abortion of a first pregnancy interrupts the natural growth process of the breast, leaving millions of cells at high risk.
- Over twenty published studies show increased breast cancer risk among women with abortions before their first live birth.
- Abortion has been linked to breast cancer. Abortion is the one common factor which explains the breast cancer epidemic around the world.
Get the facts before you choose!
A first pregnancy permanently changes the structure of a woman’s breasts. Before she is pregnant, her breasts cannot produce milk, as the gland cells are immature and underdeveloped. When she becomes pregnant, estrogen and other hormones flood her system. This results in rapid growth in size, while the internal structure undergoes dramatic change.
Cells, previously dormant, rapidly grow into a system of branching ducts and gland cells capable of producing milk. Once this growth, change and maturing is complete, there is no further significant change the rest of her life. Once mature, the chance of the breast developing cancer is much less.
When these cells are changing and transitional, they are less stable and have much greater potential of becoming cancerous. If she completes her first pregnancy, this unstable period passes and her gland cells mature and stabilize.
But if she interrupts her pregnancy, in its early phase, and 90% of abortions are done in the first trimester, she in effect stops the development of the cells at this unstable, transitional phase. It seems apparent that cancerous changes can and do occur more frequently among these transitional cells of a woman who has terminated her pregnancy. If she aborts more than once before completing a pregnancy, her chance for cancer increases even more. A subsequent full term pregnancy helps, but sadly never removes the sharply increased threat of cancer.
- There are 1,600,000 abortions each year, 56 % are first abortions, 44% second or more.
- One woman in ten will develop breast cancer, and 25% of them will die.
Increase – how much?
Women who carry their first baby to term cut their chance for breast cancer almost in half. Women who abort their first pregnancy almost double their chance. With 2 or more abortions, there is a 3-4 fold increase.
A 15 year old American girl has a 10% lifetime risk of breast cancer. If she gets pregnant in her teens and has the baby she reduces her risk to 7.5%. However, if she has an abortion, her risk rises to 15% (assuming she has at least one child in her 20’s). If the abortion sterilizes her and/or for other reasons, she never has another pregnancy, her risk rises to 30%.
10,000 added deaths?
Over 800,000 women abort their first pregnancy each year. Of these, 10% or 80,000 would have developed breast cancer. But, because of their abortions, the number of cancer cases will increase to 120,000. Of these extra 40,000 cases, 25 %, or 10,000 additional women will die of breast cancer every year.
The abortion industry claims I per 100,000 or 16 maternal deaths per year. However, if we add these 10,000 deaths, a total of 10,016 die annually, or 834 deaths per 100,000. Mortality from childbirth is about 6/100,000, plus the fact that childbirth prevents over 500 deaths from cancer for every 100,000 first pregnancies carried to term.
J.C. WILLKE, M.D