Planned Parenthood targets children and circumvents parents.
“You don’t have to tell your boyfriend, parents, or anyone else that you had an abortion.”
That is the advice Planned Parenthood gives to teens on their www.TeenWire.com website. Planned Parenthood’s “plans,” don’t include “parenthood.” Planned Parenthood targets children and circumvents parents to fuel its abortion business.
Planned Parenthood relentlessly bombards kids with messages peddling sex. Planned Parenthood’s www.TeenWire.com website pushes teenagers to pursue oral sex, anal sex, “fingering,” multiple partners, and the use of sex toys and pornography. The site is full of cartoon graphics to appeal to children (think “Joe Camel”). More child and teen sex activity leads to more abortions for Planned Parenthood.
How Planned Parenthood Targets Children:
• Planned Parenthood’s Channels for Circumventing Parents
• Planned Parenthood Fights Abstinence-Only Education
• Planned Parenthood Fights Parental Involvement Laws
• Planned Parenthood Shields Sexual Predators
• What You Can Do
Planned Parenthood’s Channels to Circumvent Parents
Planned Parenthood has many channels to get their hooks into minors without their parents’ knowledge.
• MySpace.com (www.myspace.com/ppgi) and Facebook.com (http://de.facebook.com/pages/Planned-Parenthood-of-Greater-Iowa-PPGI/12754915378) Planned Parenthood of Greater Iowa has a page on each of these popular networking website for young people. The first thing teens see is an offer for free birth control for girls as young as 13 years-old (8th grade), through Planned Parenthood’s taxpayer-funded PlanSmart program. (More on Tax Funding of Planned Parenthood) Planned Parenthood Federation of America, NARAL and NOW are all on MySpace and Facebook trolling for teens.
• Invited to Schools: Planned Parenthood educational programming is featured in the Davenport, Sioux City and Fort Dodge School Districts and also North High School in Des Moines. West High School in Iowa City has featured Planned Parenthood speakers for health classes. Students also learn how to use condoms and find out they can further their sex education from at the Planned Parenthood and Emma Goldman Clinic abortion clinics in Iowa City.
• Peer Education Program: Planned Parenthood trains teens to sell Planned Parenthood to other teens at school. Planned Parenthood’s TeenWire.com features the heroic story of Julienne – “The Condom Girl,” who tried to change her school’s sex education program. When administrators refused to take action, she took matters into her own hands, by carrying around condoms on her own and giving them to fellow students. http://www.teenwire.com/infocus/2006/if-20060221p417-sexed.php
• Free Teen Clinics: Teens in Cedar Rapids, Iowa are enticed to come to meetings for teens at the Planned Parenthood through PPGI’s MySpace page. (www.myspace.com/ppgi)
• Teen Theater Troupe: Planned Parenthood of Greater Iowa’s Teen Theater Troupe, for ages 14-19, performs skits on contraception, sexuality and other issues. And it’s funded by your tax dollars through a grant from the Iowa Department of Human Services Community Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention Program. The skits are designed for an audience of sixth grade to adults. The Troupe also does plays for pre-schoolers to fifth grade on smoking and drugs and other issues.
PPGI’s website says, “The Troupe’s main focus is a reality-based adolescent pregnancy prevention message with an emphasis on abstinence.” Do you believe in a Planned Parenthood program that emphasizes abstinence? Neither do we.
• Youth Organizations: Planned Parenthood pushes its sex education programs through Girl Scouts, Camp Fire Girls, Boys and Girls Clubs and YWCA. Be vigilant about the activities your child is involved in.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America’s has a policy statement that says, “Planned Parenthood recognizes its responsibility to provide sexuality education through its network of affiliates nationwide and to ensure it is offered worldwide in other diverse settings, including the home, schools, public health facilities, religious institutions and youth-serving organizations.”
Make no mistake. Planned Parenthood is after your kids – through the internet, your schools, your church and through youth-serving organizations.
Planned Parenthood Fights Abstinence-Only Education
Abstinence is the only 100 percent effective way to avoid teen pregnancy. Planned Parenthood has a financial interest in teens not abstaining from sex.
On April 13, 2007, the Iowa Senate passed Planned Parenthood’s Sex Ed Bill (HF611), eliminating Abstinence Only Education in Iowa. Planned Parenthood lobbied for the bill using blatantly false information – claiming that Iowa students were being taught that 99 percent of all high school girls who have sex get pregnant. The info came from The Waxman Report, but had nothing to do with Iowa.
Planned Parenthood claims to include an abstinence message in their “age appropriate, medically accurate” sexual health info. Here is an example of Planned Parenthood including “abstinence” in their educational materials. It’s an excerpt from an article targeting teens called “Safer Sex 101” from Planned Parenthood’s www.teenwire.com:
Abstinence — not having any sex play — is the only thing that is 100 percent effective against infection, but there are many types of sex play that are considered lower-risk activities. These include:
• mutual masturbation
• erotic massage
• body rubbing
• oral sex
• vaginal intercourse with a latex or female condom
• anal intercourse with a latex or female condom
While some infections can only be transmitted by exchanging body fluids, others can also be transmitted through sex play that involves skin-to-skin contact, such as body rubbing without clothes. Don’t have contact with a partner who has visible sores, lesions, or growths that could be the sign of an infection, and don’t have sexual contact with anyone during an outbreak of herpes.
Did you get the abstinence message for teens in there? It goes by pretty fast.
Abstinence for Planned Parenthood is a speed bump on the road to Planned Parenthood’s larger condom-driven education plan. More info on Planned Parenthood’s Sex Education.
Planned Parenthood Fights Parental Involvement Laws
Who’s your daddy? Planned Parenthood believes they are. That is why they fight any parental consent or parental notification legislation. It says so in their policy statements:
“Planned Parenthood opposes any limitation or restriction (such as parental-involvement laws) of the access of adolescents to confidential reproductive health services, including contraception and abortion.”
Planned Parenthood also fights any legislation that recognizes the humanity of the child in the womb.
Planned Parenthood lost its battle against Laci’s Law (The Unborn Victims of Violence Act), passed in 2004, which treated the murder of a pregnant woman and her unborn child as two murder victims, instead of one. Planned Parenthood’s then-President Gloria Feldt called the law “part of a deceptive anti-choice strategy to make women’s bodies mere vessels by creating legal personhood for the fetus.”
Planned Parenthood Shields Sexual Predators
Planned Parenthood abortion clinics are “mandated reporters.” They are required by law in all 50 states to notify the police with suspected cases of sexual abuse of minors. Evidence shows Planned Parenthood is shielding statutory rapists from the law.
Life Dynamics did a study in 2002, calling 800 abortion clinics across the country, including all Planned Parenthood clinics, posing as a 13-year-old pregnant by her 22 year-old boyfriend – clearly, a case of statutory rape. Out of 800 cases – 90 percent of the time – the abortion clinics acknowledged the illegality of the caller’s sexual relationship then agreed to conceal it. Life Dynamics has them all on tape.
The Planned Parenthood clinic in Iowa City went one step further, by telling the 13-year-old, “You will pay cash for this if you have this abortion, and there is no paper trail.”
What You Can Do
Parents must be vigilant in protecting their children from Planned Parenthood. Sexually active children means more abortion business for Planned Parenthood, so Planned Parenthood will continue its relentless pursuit of children and find new ways to evade parents.
Kick Planned Parenthood Out of Your Schools
1. Meet with the school board, the school principal and other administrators. Gather a group of like-minded parents to take part. Insist on the following:
• No Planned Parenthood speakers at your schools.
• No counselors or administrators transporting students to Planned Parenthood without knowledge of the parents.
• No Planned Parenthood condoms or “safer sex kits” handed out at school.
• No distribution of Planned Parenthood products or literature through the school nurse’s office or counselors.
• Show examples of Planned Parenthood’s medically inaccurate info, promotion of child sexual activity and cover-up for sexual predators.
2. Remove your child from Human Growth and Development and Health Classes with Iowa Right to Life’s Opt Out Form (Public Schools: Human Growth and Development)
3. Be vigilant of Planned Parenthood’s involvement in youth activities at local organizations like the Girl Scouts or YWCA. The Girl Scouts national organization has given awards to members of Planned Parenthood and invited Planned Parenthood to speak at its national and state conventions for girls. Ask scout leaders or activities organizers directly if they are involved with Planned Parenthood.
4. Support the efforts of Professional Educators of Iowa, an organization that promotes an alternative for teachers who oppose the National Education Association’s (NEA) pro-abortion agenda.
Support Iowa’s Consent Legislation
Iowa has passed Parental Consent Law, but Planned Parenthood has moved to overturn Parental Involvement laws in other states. It could happen here too.
• Write to your legislators and tell them to keep Iowa’s Parental Consent Law in place.
• Elect pro-life judges – ask candidates for judge if they support Iowa’s Parental Consent Law.
Report Planned Parenthood Crime
Planned Parenthood has a history of covering up statutory rape and incest cases. If you know someone who is a victim of Planned Parenthood, encourage them to come forward.
• Support victims of Planned Parenthood and encourage them to speak out.
• Report criminal wrongdoing by Planned Parenthood to:
– Local county prosecutors
– State Attorney General
• Follow up on complaints with local prosecutors and your attorney general demanding that Planned Parenthood be prosecuted.