Iowa Right to Life serves as the largest pro-life organization in the state of Iowa, and one thing we pride ourselves on is our educational outreach.
Since 2012, we’ve given away over 100,000 twelve-week baby models, gathered more than 31,000 petition signatures to ban webcam abortion, and changed many Iowans’ viewpoint about Iowa’s largest abortion provider, Planned Parenthood! Thirteen, soon to be fourteen Planned Parenthoods in Iowa, have closed since 2012. There are still twelve Planned Parenthoods and a stand-alone abortion center to close.
Position Description: Iowa Right to Life Director of Advancement
Founded in 1986, Iowa Right to Life seeks to promote, educate, and advocate for the protection of innocent human life at all stages of development.
It is our mission to encompass within the protection of our laws all human life, born and unborn, at all stages of biological development from fertilization to natural death. We are committed to fostering and promoting public support for responsible life affirming alternatives to abortion, infanticide, and euthanasia. We are further committed to obtaining these objectives by all lawful activity including educational, legislative, advocacy, and political action.
Position: Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director (ED), the Advancement Director (Director) will spearhead advancement/development to sustain the growth of Iowa Right to Life.
A new position in the organization, the Director will have the opportunity to build the Advancement function.
Responsibilities: Develop and execute Iowa Right to Life’s annual fundraising plan, including
- Secure financial support from individuals, including major donors
- Secure financial support from foundations and corporations
- Manage the implementation of appropriate software and oversee staff responsible for data entry and gift processing as needed
- Develop, maintain, and improve ongoing relationships with major donors
- Create and execute a strategy for a large and expanding base of monthly and annual individual donors
- Oversee organization of special events
- Develop and track proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
- Speak to groups large and small to foster understanding of the mission of Iowa Right to Life and cultivate their participation in promoting that mission
- Willingness to develop and maintain grant-writing for the organization.
- Help and accompany the Executive Director to some events to garner understanding of the friends and allies who can help achieve our goals
Qualifications: ● BA (required), MA (a plus)
- Demonstrated Pro-Life passion
- 4 plus years experience in development/advancement
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial and communication skills
- Knowledge of donor software sufficient to permit improvement and upgrades in use of such technical matters so as to improve functioning in office which relies on both paid and volunteer work
- Willingness to learn from and improve the function of the organization in a spirit of courtesy and cooperation.
If interested, please send your resume to us!
Please send it to the attention of Jenifer Bowen, Executive Director, via email at outreach@iowaRTL.org.
If you prefer to mail it to us, you may do so at: Iowa Right to Life, 2024 NW 92nd Court, Suite 14, Clive, Iowa 50325.