MARCH 15: IMMEDIATE ACTION ALERT for Heartbeat Bill!
We need your help TODAY!
The heartbeat bill will be debated in committee today, March 15th at 2:00pm (or later) in room 103 at the State Capital. It is now a part of the Fetal Body Parts bill (SF359). Today is the last gasp opportunity to keep this legislation alive in order to pass the 2nd funnel date deadline.
IF YOUR LOCAL REPUBLICAN REPRESENTATIVE IS ON THE HOUSE HUMAN RESOURCE COMMITTEE (SEE LIST BELOW), THEN PLEASE CALL THEM TODAY AND TELL THEM WE NEED THEIR “YES” VOTE IN THE COMMITTEE. Call 515-281-3221 and ask to speak to your Representative (or leave a message for them). Here is an easy-to-use link to help find your Representative if you are not sure who it is: https://www.legis.iowa.gov/legislators/find
The discussion today will be shown “live” on the Iowa Right to Life Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/IowaRTL/
You can help today by:
- Calling your House representative today. Call 515-281-3221.
- Attend committee meeting today to show your support.
- Share this information with others and ask their help TODAY.
- Joel Fry (R, District 27), Chair
- Michael Bergan (R, District 55), Vice Chair
- Beth Wessel-Kroeschell (D, District 45), Ranking Member
- Ako Abdul-Samad (D, District 35)
- Marti Anderson (D, District 36)
- Rob Bacon (R, District 48)
- Brian Best (R, District 12)
- Timi Brown-Powers (D, District 61)
- Cecil Dolecheck (R, District 24)
- John Forbes (D, District 40)
- David E. Heaton (R, District 84)
- Lisa Heddens (D, District 46)
- Steven Holt (R, District 18)
- Bruce L. Hunter (D, District 34)
- Jon A. Jacobsen (R, District 22)
- Kevin Koester (R, District 38)
- Shannon Lundgren (R, District 57)
- Mary Mascher (D, District 86)
- Tom Moore (R, District 21)
- Sandy Salmon (R, District 63)
- Rob Taylor (R, District 44)